Felice Duffy, ESQ.
Add Felice Duffy, ESQ. as a friend
Felice Duffy, ESQ. will be notified and will have to accept this friendship request, to view updates from Felice Duffy, ESQ. and their ratings you must follow them.
About meEXPERIENCED TITLE IX & COLLEGE CONDUCT CODE LAWYER
Attorney Felice Duffy served as an Assistant United States Attorney for ten years after beginning her legal career at two prestigious firms (one in CT and one in NY) and then clerking for two federal judges. As an undergraduate, she brought a legal action under the then-new Title IX statute against UCONN to compel the creation of its women’s varsity soccer program. She went on to become a first-team Division I All-American, was selected to be on the first U.S. National Women’s Team, and spent 10 years as Head Coach of the Yale women's soccer team (while at the same time earning her Ph.D. in Education/Sports Psychology).
MY LEGAL CAREER
My experience in a variety of legal settings gives me an invaluable perspective that I leverage on behalf of my clients every day.
- Upon graduating law school, I worked briefly for a large Connecticut firm before accepting a position to serve for two years as a law clerk to federal district judge the Honorable Stefan R. Underhill, where I learned about criminal and civil cases from a judge’s perspective
- I then worked for two years as a litigation associate at Sullivan and Cromwell in New York where I represented clients on white collar criminal defense, regulatory issues and complex litigation
- I came back to Connecticut to build my career at another major firm only to be offered a position as a federal prosecutor in the U.S. Attorney’s office, which I accepted in 2005.
Duffy Law is the culmination of my professional path. It’s how I get to best help people who need a strong partner in navigating the judicial and educational institutions with which they’re contending.
If either you or someone you know needs experienced, tenacious legal counsel, call me at 203-946-2000 at no cost and we can explore if I am the right lawyer for you.
Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Martin B. Margulies Civil & Political Rights Award
- West Publishing Company Award for Outstanding Legal Scholarship
- Outstanding Legal Scholarship Award, Superior Classroom Performance
- Academic Excellence Award
- Service to the Community Award
- Outstanding Woman Law Graduate
- MacFarlane Memorial Award for Excellence in Family Law
- Law Review
- Associate Justice-Student Bar Association Judicial Board
- Phi Delta Phi
University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut
- Ph.D. – Education (Sports Psychology)
- M.A. – Education (Sports Psychology)
- B.A. – Psychology
- Duffy Law Office (Criminal and College Student Defense Attorney ) 2015 - Present
- Department Of Justice (Assistant U.S. Attorney) 2005 - 2015
- Zeldes, Needle and Cooper LLC (Attorney, Litigation Associate) 2004 - 2005
- Sullivan and Cromwell (Attorney, Litigation Associate) 2002 - 2004
- U.S. District Court (Judicial Law Clerk) 2000 - 2002
- Murtha Cullina LLP (Associate General Counsel) 1999 - 2000
Duffy Law, LLC
129 Church Street Suite 310
New Haven, CT 06510
Occupation: Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyer